What is the purpose of home staging?
- In my experience, staged properties sell 80% faster.
- A staged property sells in an average of 12 days. And gets a better asking price.
- Creates the ideal dream home, gives that model home look.
- Presents a welcoming but depersonalized space.
- Removing photos and personal items, helps create a color and design pattern that could match any furniture and decor.
So, how does it work?
The First Step: The Consultation.
- We will meet in your home, to understand your needs as a seller.
- Home Evaluation: This takes 1.5-2 hours, or more, depending on the house size.
- We will discuss if colours are appropriate, if decluttering is required, level of depersonalizing needed, etc.
- We will make recommendations, including discussion of item storage.
- After this, working with you, we develop a preliminary game plan.
The Second Step: The Preparation.
- Includes the cleaning, decluttering, depersonalizing, storage, repairs, and maintenance issues that were identified in the consultation stage.
- We can refer Handymen, Painters, Carpenters, Electricians, Movers, etc.
The Third Step: The Showcasing.
- The Preparation stage needs to be complete at this point.
- This is when we create the focal points, move furniture in and around, enhance traffic and visual flow, rehang artwork at appropriate heights, as well as do a final walkthrough to ensure the house is 100% ready for photos and buyers.
- Now your property is ready to be Marketed.